For all who wish to enter into the mystery and majesty of the celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the selections included on Lord, by Your Cross and Resurrection allow the themes of the paschal triduum to be heard and taken to heart through chant.
This collection serves as a source of inspiration for listeners during this holiest of seasons and as a demonstration for choirs and those seeking to bring the beauty of chant to their assembly.
This is the premier recording of the chants for the Chrism Mass.
See the By Flowing Waters Website for more information.
Selections on the first CD, Passion (Palm) SundayGood Friday are:
- Hosanna to the Son of David
- Let Us Go Forward in Peace
- The Children of the Hebrews
- The Hebrew People
- Glory and Honor and Praise
- Hosanna in the Highest
- Lord, Come to My Defense
- Believe Me When I Tell You This
- Judge My Cause, O God
- Father, If I Must Drink This Cup
- Lord, You Have Given My Heart
- I Will Sing Forever
- True Hearts Were Made for Praise
- O Redeemer, Hear Our Singing
- Justice You Love
- We Should Glory in the Cross
- Priest Forever, Jesus Christ
- In Green Pastures the Lord Gives Me Rest
- I Will Bless Your Name, O Lord
- A New Commandment I Give You
- Where We Live as Friends
- I Will Take the Cup of Salvation
- Hail Our Savior's Glorious Body
- Father, I Put My Life Into Your Hands
- My Savior and My God
- Look on the Wood of the Cross
- O My People, What Have I Done to You
- Your Cross, O Lord
Selections on the second CD, The Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday are:
- Lord, Send Out Your Spirit
- The Earth Is Full of the Goodness of the Lord
- Keep Me Safe, O God
- Let Us Sing to the Lord
- I Will Praise You, Lord
- You Will Draw Water Joyfully
- The Vineyard of the Lord
- Lord, You Have the Words
- Let Heaven and Earth Give Glory
- My Soul Is Longing for You
- Create a Clean Heart in Me
- Easter Vigil Alleluia
- The Litany of the Saints
- Springs of Water
- The Lord's Right Hand Has Shown Its Power
- Dismissal: The Mass Is Ended
- Alleluia, This Is the Day
- Today Is the Day the Lord Has Made
- When Israel Went Out From Egypt
- Christians, Praise the Paschal Victim!
- The Earth Trembled
- Christ, Our Paschal Lamb
- Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia.
Paul F. Ford, Ph.D., is professor of theology and liturgy at St. John's Seminary, Camarillo, California, and chair of the Special Interest Section for Seminary Music Educators of the National Association of Pastoral Musicians. He is the author of By Flowing Waters: Chant for the Liturgy (A Collection of Unaccompanied Song for Assemblies, Cantors, and Choirs).
J. Michael Thompson is the founder and director of the Schola Cantorum. He has been a pastoral musician and liturgist for twenty years, as well as a composer, author, and a noted promoter of the Liturgy of the Hours and Gregorian chant in contemporary parish situations.
Dr. Paul Ford has done a fine job taking the texts for the liturgies of Passion Sunday, the Chrism Mass, the Triduum and Easter Sunday and setting them to the tones of The Simple Gradual . . . this resource could be especially useful to an assembly with limited resources.