The story and illumination of Ruth and Naomi models Christian love, fellowship, and faithfulness. By reflecting on their spirit and actions, we may find courage to face our own challenges
Many who have seen The Saint John's Bible firsthand are left with the desire to share their spiritual experience with friends, family, and members of their faith community. To create that opportunity, Saint John's School of Theology•Seminary and Liturgical Press are pleased to offer Seeing the Word. This new program seeks to ignite imaginations of all ages and help deepen the faith of Christians through reflection on Sacred Scripture in both the written form and the powerful imagery of The Saint John's Bible.
Designed for small groups led by a designated facilitator, Seeing the Word offers reflection guides that focus on the illuminated Word. Each full-color guide includes a beautiful illumination from The Saint John's Bible along with corresponding Scripture text, exegesis, and artistic commentary. These pieces also lay out the spiritual prayer process of lectio divina and provide a space for individuals to journal their personal thoughts and reflections along the way.
Seeing the Word is perfect for use in the following settings:
• To begin a parish meeting
• For use by catechumens and candidates preparing for Christian initiation
• To form a community of prayer grounded in lectio divina
• Preparing for the Sunday worship through liturgical catechesis
• Adult faith formation and retreats
• Ecumenical Bible study groups
• Prayer starters for youth
• Catechist formation