Liturgical Press welcomes new editor of Give Us This Day
and Accounting/Business Manager
COLLEGEVILLE, MINNESOTA (September 2023)—Liturgical Press is pleased to welcome Heidi Busse and Alicia Wensmann to our growing publishing team.
Heidi Busse, the new editor of Give Us This Day, joined the Liturgical Press team in early July. Heidi began her career in Catholic publishing in 2005. She was most recently the editorial manager at Twenty-Third Publications/Bayard and has also served over the years as acquisitions editor, writer, and content curator for various Catholic print and digital publications. Before her work in religious publishing, Heidi served as faith formation director at parishes throughout the Twin Cities in Minnesota. She studied theology and English at the College of Saint Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota, and went on to earn a MA in theology with a concentration in Scripture from the University of Saint Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota.
Alicia Wensmann, the new accounting and business manager, joined the Liturgical Press team at the beginning of August. Alicia graduated in 2008 from St. Cloud State University in Minnesota and attained her CPA license shortly thereafter. She practiced public accounting for five years, and then spent ten years as senior accountant, accounting manager, and then controller at a local construction company. By sharing her accounting and finance knowledge and experience, Alicia hopes to continue to make meaningful contributions in her new role at Liturgical Press.
“I am so pleased to welcome Heidi and Alicia to the team,” said Therese Ratliff, director of Liturgical Press. “The unfolding future of Catholic publishing offers exciting possibilities for our mission. Both Heidi and Alicia are vibrant, innovative professionals who join Liturgical Press in discovering new ways forward.”
For more information please contact:
Michelle Verkuilen, Associate Marketing Director
About Liturgical Press:
Located at Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota, Liturgical Press began publishing for the Church in 1926. Our staff of thirty-seven professionals are committed to providing religious and spiritual resources of the highest relevance and quality to Catholic parishes and individuals and to the academic community. Our imprints and publications include Liturgical Press Books, Liturgical Press Academic, Cistercian Publications, The Saint John’s Bible, Little Rock Scripture Study, and Give Us This Day.
Liturgical Press Authors Recognized at 2023 Catholic Media Association Awards
Gerhard Lohfink Wins 2023 Author of the Year for Between Heaven and Earth, Liturgical Press Books Receive the Most Awards Overall and the Most First Place Designations Among Catholic Publishers
COLLEGEVILLE, MINNESOTA (June 2023)—Liturgical Press is honored to be the publisher of 23 award-winning books recognized by the Catholic Media Association (CMA) at their conference in Baltimore. Among the wins, Gerhard Lohfink was recognized as Author of the Year for Between Heaven and Earth: New Explorations of Great Biblical Texts. Liturgical Press won 28 awards in total, the most awards of any Catholic publisher and the most first place wins at the event, which recognizes the best in Catholic publishing.
Liturgical Press books received the following awards in the 2023 Catholic Media Association Awards:
- First Place, Author of the Year: Between Heaven and Earth: New Explorations of Great Biblical Texts by Gerhard Lohfink, Translated by Linda M. Maloney
- First Place, Scripture - Academic Studies: Wisdom Commentary: Judith by Jennifer L. Koosed and Robert Paul Seesengood
- First Place, Liturgy: Eucharistic Adoration after Vatican II by Edward Foley
- First Place, Pastoral Ministry - Catechetical: Your Roadmap to a Conversion-Centered Life Catechumenate: A Report from the Trenches by John McGlynn
- First Place, Church Professional: Being Claimed by the Eucharist We Celebrate: A Spiritual Narrative for Priests and Deacons by Fr. Scott P. Detisch
- First Place, Faith and Science: The Heavens are Telling the Glory of God: An Emerging Chapter for Religious Life; Science, Theology and Mission by Laurie Brink, OP
- First Place, Pilgrimages/Catholic Travel: The Hildegard of Bingen Pilgrimage Book by Annette Esser
- First Place, Mysticism: A World Transfigured: The Mystical Journey by Philip Sheldrake
- Second Place, Theology - History of Theology, Church Fathers and Mothers: The Sense of the Faith in History: Its Sources, Reception, and Theology by John J. Burkhard, OFM Conv
- Second Place, Scripture - Popular Studies: The Holy Spirit in the Bible by George M. Smiga with Little Rock Scripture Study staff
- Second Place, Scripture - Academic Studies: Wisdom Commentary: 1–2 Peter and Jude by Pheme Perkins, Eloise Rosenblatt, and Patricia McDonald
- Second Place, Pastoral Ministry - Youth & Young Adult: Faith and Spiritual Life of Young Adult Catholics in a Rising Hispanic Church edited by Thomas P. Gaunt, SJ
- Second Place, Poetry: A Hit of Hope: (for when it gets really bad) by Betsy Johnson
- Second Place, Future Church: Faith and Spiritual Life of Young Adult Catholics in a Rising Hispanic Church edited by Thomas P. Gaunt, SJ
- Third Place, Theology - Morality, Ethics, Christology, Mariology, and Redemption: Dust in the Blood: A Theology of Life with Depression by Jessica Coblentz
- Third Place, Scripture- Academic Studies: Wisdom Commentary: Acts of the Apostles by Linda M. Maloney and Ivoni Richter Reimer
- Third Place, Anthology: A Hill of Beans: The Grace of Everyday Troubles by Valerie Schultz
- Third Place, Future Church: The Apostolic Constitution "Preach the Gospel" (Praedicate Evangelium): With an Appraisal of Pope Francis's Reform of the Curia by Massimo Faggioli Promulgated by Pope Francis
- Honorable Mention, Scripture-Popular Studies: Ponder: Contemplative Bible Study for Year A by Mahri Leonard-Fleckman
- Honorable Mention, Liturgy: Words without Alloy by Paul Turner
- Honorable Mention, Liturgy: Living Liturgy for Lectors Year A (2023) by Paul-Vincent Niebauer, OSB, Jessie Bazan, Orin E. Johnson, and Jessica Mannen Kimmet; Art by Ruberval Monteiro da Silva, OSB
- Honorable Mention, History: From Ignatius to Francis: The Jesuits in History by Michael Walsh
- Honorable Mention, Faithful Citizenship/Religious Freedom: Claiming Your Voice: Speaking Truth to Power by Norvene Vest
- Honorable Mention, Biography: Mychal Judge: Take Me Where You Want Me to Go by Francis DeBernardo
Liturgical Press catalogs also received the following awards in the 2023 Catholic Media Association Awards:
- Second Place, Catalog: Parish Resources Fall 2022 Catalog by Monica Bokinskie
- Third Place, Catalog: Little Rock Scripture Study Fall 2022 Catalog by Monica Bokinskie
- Honorable Mention, Catalog: Spirituality Fall 2022 Catalog by Monica Bokinskie
- Honorable Mention, Catalog: Academic and Monastic Studies Fall 2022 Catalog by Monica Bokinskie
These winning titles are available directly from Liturgical Press and great booksellers. Visit litpress.org or call 800-858-5450.
For more information please contact:
Tara Durheim, marketing director
About Liturgical Press:
Located at Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota, Liturgical Press began publishing for the Church in 1926. Our staff is committed to providing religious and spiritual resources of the highest relevance and quality to Catholic parishes and individuals and to the academic community. Our imprints and publications include Liturgical Press Books, Liturgical Press Academic, Cistercian Publications, The Saint John’s Bible, Little Rock Scripture Study, and Give Us This Day.